Monday, July 26, 2010

First Impressions -- Ultimate Venus


Ultimate Venus is one of the worst messes of a shojo I've ever seen. Yuzu's mom is dead, she's about to become heir to an extremely wealthy family, and there's at least 3 cute boys fighting for her right now. Not to mention she likes to wear glasses but looks much prettier without them, the main boy wants to protect her and has some mysterious connection to her past, she gets into ridiculous situations that the boys have to save her from, and she just started attending high school. There's so many cliches, I wouldn't be surprised if someone turned into an animal when hugged. I won't be reading this series any longer. I grabbed it from the library just because I wanted something to read, and it was awful. I could barely finish the first volume. The only positive thing I have to say is that the artwork is clear and easy to understand, even if it looks like every other shojo artist under the sun.
First and Last impressions rating: D

No comments: