Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bethel Park Anime #3--Abridged

Hey everyone! This post is going to be abridged in more ways than one. ^_^;; I just got back from vacation, and I'm going back to school tomorrow, so I don't have time for a very long article. I'll try to go back and edit it later in the week with more stuff.
But in the small bit of time I do have, I'm going to talk about Abridged series. Have you ever seen Movies in 15 Minutes? It's kind of like that, only for TV. It's not strictly an anime thing, but it did originate with anime, and the anime abridged series are the most well known. (though Avatar abridged is doing pretty well.)
The creator of abridged serieses was LittleKuriboh with Yugioh: TAS. (the abridged series) Sadly, LK has been banned from Youtube, but all of his videos can be veiwed on DailyMotion or his website. He currently has 23 episodes, a 4-part movie, and a Christmas Special. Some famous YGO: TAS quotes are: Super special awesome and Screw the rules, I have money! and all of it's variations (screw the rules, I have green hair; screw the rules, I'm in love with Nurse Joy; Screw the Yules, I have money; and Screw the money, I have rules) The second of the great abridged series is Naruto: TAS, created by MasakoX and Vegeta3986. Masako has also been banned, but you can still probably find his abridged videos by searching on youtube of checking his DailyMotion. There are 14 episodes. Some famous quotes from them are: Heh heh... moo; the one foot tall brick wall; and anything involving logs.
Those two are, without a doubt, the best of all abridged. There are many more abridged series, including: Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, DBZ, FMA, Bleach, Sonic X, (I personally know the guys that do SX:TAS), Saiyuki and Avatar (not technically anime, but close, and it's pretty good).

No comments: